New signs that project a new image of Henry County have been installed at two entrances to the county
(May 29, 2018)
Commonwealth Centre for Advanced Training (CCAT) Now Under Construction
(May 23, 2018)
New Industry 4.0 Certifications at PHCC could fill employee pipeline.
(May 10, 2018)
Virginia Mirror and Virginia Glass Products Announce Modernization Plans
(March 14, 2018)
M-HC EDC awarded $5.7 million from The Harvest Foundation
(November 13, 2017)
Solid Stone Fabrics Among 12 Businesses Selected for Virginia Economic Gardening Program
(September 22, 2017)
Commonwealth Centre for Advanced Training (CCAT) Breaks Ground
(September 6, 2017)
Blue Ridge Aquaculture announces the opening of Blue Ridge Aquafeeds
(August 1, 2017)
EDITORIAL: You build one brick at a time
(July 31, 2017)
EDC Awards $15,000 to Local Small Businesses
(June 1, 2017)
Seeking an ideal business environment for your company to achieve long-term profitability? Martinsville-Henry County is the optimal location for your business to thrive. Profitability stems from low operational and start-up costs. Plus, we implement proactive solutions to make doing business easier.
Our region's prosperity only flows as a result of sustained business success so we are devoted to:
- Listening to industry and responding strategically
- Packaging resources for one-stop service delivery
- Investing in world-class sites, buildings and infrastructure to speed your development
- Tailoring industry-led, innovative workforce training
- Closing deals with incentives relevant to business needs
Martinsville-Henry County is undergoing an impressive economic resurgence with global leadership in aerospace, plastics and polymers, metal working, and food processing industries. Learn why they found a compelling fit for their profitability strategy here.
If you are interested in growing your business for long-term profitability, contact MHCEDC for first-class service to make it happen.
Commonwealth Crossing Industrial Park
95,500 SF Facility - 30' Ceiling Height Throughout
- Click here for a short promotional video of the Shell Building
- New Facility - built in 2014
- Constructed of pre-cast tilt-up Concrete Panels
- 90,000 SF Manufacturing Space, 5,500 SF Office Space
- Expandable to 180,000 SF
- 5 Dock High Doors & 1 Drive In Door
- Located on Lot 8 in the Patriot Centre Industrial Park
- 15 Acre Site (11 Acre Graded Pad)
- 30’ Ceiling Height Throughout
- Electric Substation Located in the Park
- Municipal Water, Sewer, Natural Gas, and Redundant Fiber
Longtime local manufacturers Virginia Mirror Company and Virginia Glass Products are investing $3.8 million in new equipment and adding 9 jobs at their Martinsville and Henry County sites.
The companies announced their modernization plans at the City of Martinsville’s Council meeting on March 13, 2018.
Virginia Mirror was founded in Martinsville in 1913 and Virginia Glass Products was started in 1956. Together, the companies currently have 165 employees. Virginia Mirror and Virginia Glass Products offer a wide array of glass products including all glass entrances, mirrors, custom tempering, frameless shower enclosures, and custom laminated products.